Saturday, January 22, 2011

Class at the Conservatory

I had my first class at the Conservatory
The class on plants went fairly well . The attendance was great. About 40 people. I am new to this teaching, and went through my powerpoint pretty quick, but lucky for me we had a great Q&A session after the presentation. Andy & Don with the Botanical Society help Field all sorts of questions. I learned that making classes more interactive is something we should do. Some classes will be very interactive , like the class on seed starting where we will be starting plants inside so they can be transplanted into the participants garden later in the spring . I look forward to expanding our classes we offer. Some ideas are bee keeping, Container gardening, and composting. Look for more info on our events page.

No comments:

Post a Comment