Friday, May 20, 2011

Busy Friday













It was a busy day out at the LaSalle Square Unity Garden today . I arrived early , and started on my Bee Garden . Someone donated a Bee Garden kit which contains 8 different flower seeds designed to attract bees . So I thought I should Build a cool planter to put them in . Thanks Laney Honey in North Liberty
http://www.laneyhoney.com/







I also made mounds to plant Squashes on . This is alot of work all hand done with my hoe. Clearing off the leaves then hoeing up a nice mound to plant them on . I also planted corn on the mounds .







We had plenty of visitors . Families working in the family plots. A man on his bike stopped and had lunch under the tree . Others just visiting . Just a typical day in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment